Bad Cover Version.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Romance is Boring.

The Valentine's Day tradition for me.
This will be its 6th year.
Enjoy.

"Really, I’ve never noticed a girl like you before.
Obdurate hearts like mine has never came across these unfamiliar plains.
Maybe, it’s only just my thoughts thinking louder then logic will allow.
As I’m hoping that these ideas would just go away.
Nothing spectacular about the way you dress or the way your face is shaped.
Could just be the lighting in the room or the sunlight though the glass
Either way, emotions will always steer us the wrong way.
I’m convinced that romance is boring.
Somehow, for a moment, I caught you smiling as you caught me staring.
Nothing got me so invigorated then the sounds of my heartbeat thumping
Elements of affliction surfaced in my mind but I wouldn’t let these thoughts show.
Vivid in every single color, I’d wish to find us a fairy tale ending.
Eighty-seven times I tried writing it all out so you’d understand.
Right or just mistaken, I just would like to tell you in every single way
But just don’t think of me in the worst of intentions;
Only if romance wasn’t so complicated.
Roses or chocolate always seems too generic these days.
I know that everyone wants something close to heart
Nevertheless, I went and gathered all the pocket change collected,
Gone to the department stores to buy her things shaped in crystal.
Waiting for tomorrow, I wished to see the delighted look on your face.
Hoping to hold you along my chest and dance so ever after;
Even if romance wasn’t so expansive.
Now I stand in an array of swirling colors, as I’m entering your presence.
You glanced and waltzed your way with a white glow following your every move.
Only this time, I found my hands stuck deep in mid-air, calling your name.
Unfortunately, you never heard, and some other guy whisked you away.
Rolling over back into the crossroads, as I fold back along the frosty winds,
Ever so, I wished to think this wasn’t the ending fate had created
As her shining glare burns my hopes in to carbonic ash.
Romance, I found, is not always for the one who desires it most;
Or for the dresses up and wait for its call to arrive.
Underneath all the heartbreak and short-comings, hearts of paramours continue on
Never look back to regret, but always venture into unknown.
Don’t ever think romance is ever boring. "

No comments:

Post a Comment