Bad Cover Version.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Hetty Kelly, But More Like Sid Vicious.

Ram-shack and grinding to find
the ways out of this cavern
I still have the onlookers conflicted

Are we alive when we fill emptiness with loneliness?
when contempt seems like a narrow path
so much has the dirt stained the proper trail

Pushed out of these sands
oft-tethered and shriveled
looking to crawl back under my rock

I don't think I can do this myself;
but I'm left behind in the waste.
am I to fade in the burning collapse?
Will I be kept within the shell of refrain?
please don't go my tender love
as I'm facing the monster up close
please don't leave, as I have the world to defeat
before it comes down to defeat me

the broken wooden ledge I lean upon
as I kept sleepy eyes behind sunglasses
I wish my soul weren't so restless
to keep this body alive for this life
don't go to sleep, my cautious dear
cause the words always seem to trip me up
please don't let me hide, as the moment's come upon this time
for eyes around will judge you down

sometimes I ponder beyond this box
for I recalled all the proper moments
but I'm stimulated by the common weakness

she thinks, "I want no loneliness"
as she feels we're left in emptiness,
but her tone always keeps her from foolishness

the brain jump ropes with the jump at hand
thinking its way out beneath the head
but, oh my nerves,
we feel nothing all over ourselves again

your words arrows me but betray
but I'd still listen to every noun
am I still awake to your tune?
or am I just becoming restless in a dream?
don't tell me this, my broken gun
your words come like twisted vulgar
head your phrases for the end
as I feel this might reached its end

stop, as I know when to call defeat
this is not the way I want things to be
but that's how minor characters act
when the story won't make us the main
I'm walking with my head down, you pretty face
but I'm not gonna look back at this
this might be the worst of us
but I wish there was something more of us, dear...

No comments:

Post a Comment