Bad Cover Version.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Searching for Johnny Granger.

sadly i thought my entry was published.
oh well, there's always the next time. enjoy.

In the dusk of a summer day;
Glowing white halos blossom;
Out from beneath a jet stream.
Ever since innocent youth, I’d look elsewhere;
Quietly reminiscing of an old lament tucked away:

“A calm morning sun rise from the east
Out from beneath the heavy covers;
To the living room to enjoy this day with you;
Only to find myself surrounded with boxes;
A maze with walls of suitcases and old furniture.

I waited though school to pick me up on your arms
To ride in your car and pretend it’s a rocket
But as the sun subsides to the west
So did my jovial spirit as turned to night
And I waited, wondering where did all the spacemen go?

The echoes and screeches fill the space
From only a light beneath the door;
I felt safe under the covers, but
A civil war grew violent in the pit of my stomach,
I called for you to take me away, but you were never there.

You walked across the terminal and onto the plane;
But it was explained you couldn’t return;
My face would be pressed on the glass,
Watching the smooth streaks drifting in the sky;
Always those soft white halos spiraling in summer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment