Bad Cover Version.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Playing It Bogart.

Twilight kept through the clouds,
lead smoke gives my shadows in the night
all blood ran out of my pale hands
all I see are walking ghosts though the light
whiskey in crystal sitting next to the fireplace
black and faded roses in its place
my Beretta sticks out but I got time to lose
I’m just dining in nothing but bad news

counting my time, kept on tab
audacity became such a drag
strolling though revolving doors
never thought to see you anymore
moonlight and love songs
are never out of date
but out of all the bars here
you came to this one too late

enough with the monkey business
there’s nothing more to reminisce
nothing but gin to put out these flames now,
I'd laughed if I'd remembered how
you take my talk so cheap
yet you buy it up anyway
bartering sand for my hour glass.
I’m not selling, so stray…

cloudy eyes pour on porcelain cheeks
with every scene in the same bar
ruby eyes under liquor drinks
as every shadow falls to a new star
your eyes make the moon cry
your smile made the sinners die.
this is stuff that dreams are made of
not even redemption feels this divine.

she stares and speaks
as she held my hand
her words slip though my fingers
so quickly like sand
dressed so achromatic
words so automatic
gin and whiskey has no truth;
she's was playing the sleuth.

battling bad guys day and night
running away from a twisted plight
wishing to bring you home
as your train leaves late tonight
nerves of steel all eroding
nights last call, taken and subdued
stars laden with foreboding
so here's that drink for you.

the silver lining magically glows
on the platform, you're waiting
mocking lights shifting under snow
I’m just contemplating
she turns slow to smile
and I’m caught off guard
She made it worth a while
Leaving now became too hard

airplanes passing by
siren sounds call them this way
no need for any good-bye
I’ll come back someday
those cliché bad guys are coming by
and the ground crumbles though my feet
those glossy and polished eyes
"here's to looking to you, kid."

one, two, twenty-two
I was counting sand to see you
Goes like this ‘til I die.
Only this as time goes by...

No comments:

Post a Comment